B.S. in Behavioral Neuroscience Admission
The requirements for ADMISSION to a major in Behavioral Neuroscience are distinct and different from the requirements for GRADUATION with a major in Behavioral Neuroscience.
In order to apply to the major, students will be invited (around mid-semester) via an Academic Notice in their KYOU Portal to a Psychology Admission Orientation if they are in their application term (semester in which student has enrolled in the minimum number of required courses to declare major, as noted below).
The Department of Psychology requires the following to be admitted as a Behavioral Neuroscience major:
1. Students must have satisfactorily completed PSYC 102
2. Students must have taken:
- PSYC 104/105
- PSYC 200/201 or PSYC 210/211 (previously known as PSYC 300 and PSYC 310)
- and one of the following core courses (PSYC 370/371 or PSYC 375 or PSYC 380/381)
3. Students must have a 3.0 or greater GPA for the group of courses listed under #2.
4. Students must sign a Declaration Intent Form by attending a Psychology Admission Orientation during their application term.
All applicants who meet the above requirements will be admitted.